Falling Hard by Dale Cameron Lowry
Nine of Dale Cameron Lowry’s best short romance stories, available for the first time in one book. Meet a sign language interpreter who finds unexpected love at middle-age, college students in their first relationships, a vampire who would rather be a vegan, and a proudly gay ex-Mormon atheist who develops Bible-study apps for a living. From sweet to erotic, this collection exhibits the quirkiness, fun, and diversity Dale’s writing is known for.
Reviews of Falling Hard
CYBER WEEK SPECIAL!
Use coupon code ZHZGB70ZOO for half off.
More About Falling Hard
Part 1: Falling Fast
Warm up with whirlwind romances that last.
- Mi Alma — Ex-Mormon Alma doesn’t know the first thing about alcohol, so he hires bartender Damian to help out at his office party. Their friendship simmers with sexual tension—and possibly something much deeper.
- Loggerhead — Soon after falling in love, Jake makes Eric a promise inspired by an old track shirt. But demanding work schedules prevent them from following through. Six years later, they take the honeymoon they never had, heading to the Florida coast in search of sea turtles—and rekindling their passion for each other in the process.
- Reading the Signs — The only thing Theo De Jong expects from his summer linguistics academy is more inspiration for his master’s thesis. Then he meets the American sign language expert Alfonso Grossman, and sparks fly.
Part 2: Falling Fantastically
- Born of Fire — The fairies on Ireland’s north coast are notorious for kidnapping, and Aodhán has the scars to prove it. When the fairies abduct the handsome youth Cainnech, Aodhán seeks to free him—but risks losing his health in the process.
- Ghost of a Chance — When shy Jeremy meets mysterious Frank at a spooky old library, their connection is instant. Their romance waxes with the full moon—but just as quickly, Frank’s interest seems to wane. He insists he loves being with Jeremy. So why does he keep Jeremy at arm’s length?
- Far From Home — Rajiv met his husband, Mateo, while working to transform Mars into a suitable home for humans. Years into their shared mission, Rajiv is ordered back to Earth to restore the barren lands of the American Midwest. With a little help from technology, the two men find innovative ways to nurture their long-distance relationship.
- Sweeter Than Blood — Keith was a vegan before a hot encounter with a stranger turned him into a vampire. Though his sire tries to help him rein in his impulses, temptation is strong in the form of Andres, one of Keith’s regular barbershop customers. When Andres finally asks Keith on a date, the real danger begins.
Part 3: Falling Deep
The deeper the love, the hotter the intimacy.
- Rough Love — Blake thinks new boyfriend Michael doesn’t like French kissing. Michael thinks Blake doesn’t like rough sex. Neither are virgins, except in the art of conversation. Can they set things straight before the honeymoon’s over?
- Pacific Rimming — For Mike’s 40th birthday, husband Ken encourages him to bed a gorgeous 20-something man they encounter in Pacific Rim National Park. A night of no-holds-barred passion among the three men reveals a sizzling chemistry. Can what started as a one-night stand transform into a threesome that lasts?