Multifarious Press, a new publisher seeking to represent diverse voices, has several anthologies in the works. Submissions are due August 31 and should be 2,000 to 20,000 words. Payment for accepted stories is 45% of royalties split among authors and a copy of the ebook.
Anthology themes and working titles are:
- Multifarious KINKED: MORESOMES. These should be polyamorous stories featuring risk-aware consensual kink (also called “safe, sane, consensual kink”).
- Multifarious THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: MIRROR, MIRROR. Stories should feature autistic main characters.
- Multifarious MYTHS AND MÄRCHEN: RIPPED & REMADE, TATTERED TALES. For this anthology, Multifarious seeks retold fairy tales, vampire tropes, and stories of shapeshifters and other fantastical creatures.
- Multifarious DREAMING VOYAGER: SAIL AWAY. This anthology will feature science fiction, science fantasy, and high fantasy stories.
- Multifarious GRIT: GRIT AND GUTS. This one is for urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Multifarious wants to see “wheelchair-using wizards, socially anxious kickboxers, saving the world while crawling out of bed with depression or anxiety, chronic pain rep, et cetera.”
Find all the details at Multifarious Press.
About Submission Calls
I do not knowingly announce submission calls by publishers who do not fulfill their contractual obligations. However, readers are responsible for conducting their own due diligence when submitting work and negotiating contracts.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. Other than the occasional charity anthology, any calls I post are paying. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties.
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
And if you’d like to support this blog, you can buy me a coffee.
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons can get early access to submission calls and other tools for furthering their writing careers.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opporunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.