Bosie is a new online literary magazine dedicated to “fiction about queers behaving badly.” Named after Bosie Douglas, a lover of Oscar Wilde who had a reputation as self-absorbed, profligate, and reckless (he encouraged Wilde to initiate a lawsuit that directly led to Wilde’s sodomy conviction and imprisonment).
We want stories that are, as Wilde once described Bosie Douglas, “witty, graceful, lovely to look at, lovable to be with,” but that “[have] also ruined [your] life.” Style is necessary; a happily-ever-after is not. …Bosie Magazine
Below are the main details. Please see Bosie Magazine’ website for where to send stories and inquiries.
- Length: Up to 5,000 words. Query for longer stories.
- Format: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf
- Payment: $15/story for first worldwide electronic publication rights and the right to digitally archive the work in perpetuity
- Response time: Approximately 30 days
- Original, unpublished stories only
- Stories should have LGBTQ characters and themes.
- Authors should identify as LGBTQ+.
- Pen names are acceptable.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are acceptable
Source: Submit to Bosie : Bosie Magazine
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.