Hot Tree Publishing is a small romance publishing house established in 2015. It has an ongoing call out for MM romance novellas about men in professional sports. Novellas may take place in any country of your choice with any nationality. It can feature either a couple or a triad, as long as the couple or triad has a happily-ever-after ending. The editors write:
Game On is a new genre-linked collection of novellas. Stories must be gay m/m romance with a strong HEA. … A professional sport can include: Football, Soccer, Rugby, Tennis, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, MMA, Boxing, Cricket, Swimming, Olympic Athletics. (This is not an exhaustive list. Other sports will be considered. Please email us to check.) … The story must include a strong conflict, memorable characters, realistic dialogue, and smoking hot sex scenes.
Submitting to Hot Tree Publishing
- Publisher: Hot Tree Publishing
- Publication type: book, ebook
- Word count: 30,000 to 49,999 words
- Payment: 45% of the cover price for eBook sales originating on the Hot Tree website. For sales at other retail distributors, they pay 45% of net sales. For print sales, they pay royalties of 10% of the recommended retail price. Royalties paid quarterly. No advance.
- Rights they ask for: Electronic and print rights for three years
- Deadline: Submit anytime
- Response time: 6–8 weeks
- Anticipated publication date: “Our aim is to publish books within six – eight months of contract.”
- Format:1 inch margins, 1.5- to 2-line spacing, Times New Roman or Arial, 12pt.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they consider multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get all the submission details at Hot Tree Publishing, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@hottreepubs has an ongoing call out for male-male romance novellas about professional athletes. Pays royalties; submit anytime. Click To Tweet
Not the theme for you? Check out other submission calls in the romance genre.