Mischief Corner Books is looking for LGBTQ+ romance short stories and novelettes for its A Holiday to Remember anthology and for release as single stories, due out in December. The story should be “romantic, positive, and uplifting.”
- Word Count: 5,000 to 15,000 words.
- Payment: $80-$120, depending on length.
- Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Format: Microsoft Word documents only. Put Author Name/Title/Page # in the upper right hand corner of each page; use 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1″ margins, 1.5-line spacing, and a .25-inch paragraph indent. Do not add spacing or tabs manually.
- Main characters should be sexual and/or gender minorities, such as gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual spectrum, pansexual, transgender, and/or genderfluid.
- Story should focus on a end-of-year holiday or what’s called a “winter holiday” in the Northern Hemisphere. Examples listed in the call for submissions include Winter Solstice, Yuletide, and Christmas.
- The publishers would like to see racial diversity among the characters in the collection.
- Do not send multiple submissions or simultaneous submissions.
For all the details, including where to send queries and submissions, please visit Mischief Corner Submission Guidelines.
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.