B Cubed Press wants short stories and poems for its science fiction anthology Cosmic Caravans, which is geared to pre-teens. The editors “are looking for stories or poems that re-enforce strength of character and scientific principles in a way children can relate to. We want to entertain and challenge curious readers to learn more about the universe, life, and the science that makes it all possible.”
- Publisher: B Cubed Press
- Publication type: anthology
- Genre(s): Science fiction prose and poetry for pre-teen readers
- Word Count: 300–3,000 words
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format
- Payment: 2¢/word, plus royalties, for fiction; 2.5¢ per line (up to $25) for poetry
- Response time: 2–3 weeks
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions: OK. Read more about simultaneous and multiple submissions.
- Reprints: OK
Find out more at Cosmic Caravans | B CUBED
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.