ENCHANTED SOLES — Bisexual Anthology Call — Many a tale is filled with enchanted objects that help to overcome insurmountable challenges. Swords, mirrors, pots, books—but none is more famous than the enchanted shoe, from a slipper made of glass to boots that walk seven leagues in a single step.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit your tales of people assisted on their way by magical footwear.
- Deadline is August 31, 2015 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories must revolve around the theme of magic shoes, feature a bisexual character, and contain a romance*.
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
*Aromantic & queer platonic relationships are accepted; email the editor for more info.
Enchanted Soles is a general release anthology, which means authors will receive a flat payment of $200.00 once LT3 has a signed contract. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Less than two weeks left to get your Enchanted Soles stories in!
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.