Save a Life Today
JUNE 16, 2017—Gay and bi men are under attack in Chechnya, part of the Russian Federation. The independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta reports that the government is rounding them up in torture camps, with at least 100 arrests and an estimated 26 deaths. The need to evacuate vulnerable Chechens is urgent.
The Russian LGBT Network has helped 40 individuals escape Chechnya, and with the assistance of international organizations like ILGA-Europe and Rainbow Railroad is helping them find asylum.
The writers & artists on this page have come together to raise funds for these organizations so they can continue to help vulnerable Chechens escape to safety. We’re calling this project Readers & Writers for LGBT Chechens. Join us in helping save lives.
How can I help?
- Donate directly to the Russian LGBT Network.
Other ways to help
- Donate to ILGA-Europe, Rainbow Railroad, or American Friends of Rainbow Railroad
- Buy books whose proceeds support these organizations.
- If you’re a writer or publisher, donate book proceeds to help gay Chechens.
- Sign a petition to the Russian government (Amnesty, All Out, Avaaz, or Change.org).
- Sign a petition asking companies that do business in the Russian Federation to speak out against what’s happening.
- Write to Russian and Chechen officials.
- Write a letter to your country’s United Nations ambassador.
- Tag Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov on Instagram.
- Do you speak Chechen or Russian? Contact the Organization for Refuge, Asylum & Migration to help translate materials explaining the asylum-seeking process to LGBT refugees.
Participating Authors & Publishers
Thanks to the authors, publishers, and readers who have worked together to raise more than $10,000 for the Russian LGBT Network, ILGA-Europe, and Rainbow Railroad through royalty donations, direct donations, and our online auction.
In Books Save Lives, authors and publishers for donate proceeds from the sale of their books to the Russian LGBT Network and Rainbow Railroad. Thanks to the following authors and publishers for participating:
- Adira August, erotic romance author, donated all royalties from the Amazon title On His Knees from April 24th thru May 31st to the Russian LGBT network.
- Romance & fantasy author Meredith Bond is donated all profits from Falling for a Pirate through May 15 to the Russian LGBT Network.
- Sebastian Carter donated 70% of sales between May 4-19 to the Russian LGBT Network for books purchased through the author’s PayHip store.
- Circlet Press donated proceeds from the erotic speculative fiction collection Ultimate Wired Hard to Rainbow Railroad.
- Fantasy author Carole Cummings donated all proceeds from the Wolf’s-own series ebook bundle April 1–June 30 to the Russian LGBT Network.
- Chris Ethan donated 70% of sales of The Guy With the Suitcase in May & June to the Russian LGBT Network.
- Olivia Helling, author of LGBT high fantasy, donated proceeds from all book sales through April 23 to the Russian LGBT Network
- Author Dale Cameron Lowry donated proceeds from gay romance anthology Falling Hard in April and May to the Russian LGBT Network
- Jo Tannah donated all May sales of What A Difference A Day Makes & The Way You Look Tonight from Sea to Sky Books to the Russian LGBT Network.
Thank you to the authors, designers, editors, publishers, and readers who generously donated services and items for our online auction May 5–13, 2017.
- Addison Albright
- Adriana Kraft
- Amy Tasukada
- Andrew Jericho
- Annette Gisby
- Arshad Ahsanuddin
- Carole Cummings
- Cecilia Tan
- Cheryl Headford (writing as Nephy Hart)
- Chris Owen
- Damon Suede
- Damon Suede
- Dianne Hartsock
- EM Prazeman
- Gillian St. Kevern
- J. Scott Coatsworth
- Jeff Adams
- Jodi Payne
- Jordan L. Hawk
- Kaje Harper
- Kate Pavelle
- Kayleigh Sky
- Kim Fielding
- KT Kingsbury
- Laura Lascarso
- Laura Lascarso
- Laura Stone
- Liane Bennett
- Lisabet Sarai
- ManLove Romance Press aka MLR Press
- Megan Derr
- Morticia Knight
- Naomi Tajedler
- Neil Plakcy
- Olivia Helling
- P.D. Singer
- Petra Howard of Dragonsfly Edits
- Pipe and Thimble Publishing and Bookstore
- Rachel Davidson Leigh
- Rocky Ridge Books
- Sarah Hadley Brook
- Tiferet Design
- Xenia Melzer
Charities We Support
The Russian LGBT Network works directly with LGBT residents of the Russian Caucasus, including those in Chechnya. (Read our FAQ.)
ILGA-Europe provides funds to local organizations helping vulnerable people from Chechnya and other parts of the Caucasus get to safety.
Rainbow Railroad is a Canadian charity working with local groups to help persecuted LGBT people throughout the world find asylum. They have worked extensively in the Caucasus, helping more than 30 gay and bisexual Chechen men flee to safer countries.
American Friends of Rainbow Railroad raises funds for Rainbow Railroad. Donations are tax-deductible in the U.S.
Donations Sent So Far
Sorry, no posts were found.