Mason Jar Press is seeking urban fantasy stories for Broken Metropolis: Queer Tales of a City That Never Was. Stories should take place in a large, unnamed city, though writers are encouraged to create specific neighborhoods and landmarks within it.
- Publication: Mason Jar Press
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: Under 6,000 words; most stories will probably be 3,000–4,000 words
- Payment: $.02/word plus a contributor’s copy of the anthology
- Rights: Publisher seeks 12 months of exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights (exceptions made for “best of year” anthologies etc.) and non-exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights in perpetuity
- Deadline: Dec. 7, 2017
- Projected publication date: July 2018
- Format: Standard manuscript format
- Response time: Up to 60 days
- Will they take reprints? No.
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.