Apex Magazine wants sci fi, fantasy, and horror short stories for a special issue focusing on Zodiac themes edited by Sheree Renée Thomas. The editors write:
This summer, award-winning author and editor Sheree Renée Thomas (“Aunt Dissy’s Policy Dream Book,” Apex Magazine, Volume 95 April 2017 and Volume 101 October 2017, Sleeping Under the Tree of Life, Shotgun Lullabies, and the Dark Matter anthologies) will guest edit a special Zodiac-themed issue. Sheree seeks short stories that explore the heavenly cosmos and unveil mysteries, tales that reimagine Zodiacal archetypes and/or throw them on their heads.
As the stars align themselves above, write bold, fun, weird, scary, sensual stories that heal, frighten, intrigue, amuse.
Submitting to Apex Magazine
- Publication: Apex Magazine
- Publication type: genre magazine (print and online)
- Word count: 1,500–5,000 words
- Payment: 6¢ per word; an additional 1¢/ word if they podcast your work
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for 6 months following publication, with the exception of “Best of” collections
- Deadline: May 1
- Publication date: Summer 2018
- Response time: 30 days
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
Find more details at Submissions | Apex Magazine, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@apexmag has a call out for speculative fiction on Zodiac themes for a special issue edited by Sheree Renée Thomas. Due May 1; pays 6¢ per word. Click To Tweet