Chicken Soup for the Soul wants nonfiction essays and poetry for the upcoming inspirational collection Running for Good. The editors write:
It is well known that running conditions the body, but it is also great for conditioning the mind and the spirit. The title of this new book on running has two meanings: running is good for you and improves your health or you can run to do good for others or to raise awareness of an issue or raise funds for a charitable organization. We are looking for true stories about all aspects of running: camaraderie, personal challenges, training, triumphs and defeats, why you run, what running means to you, how running changed your life, reaching your goal, and humor… we love funny, quirky, and unusual stories.
Submitting to Running for Good
- Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Publication: Running for Good
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: up to 1,200 words
- Payment: $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book
- Rights the publisher asks for: First print & e-book rights; that means you can republish your poem or essay at any time after the book appears in print.
- Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: varies
- Format: no special formatting; all submissions are cut and paste into publisher’s online submissions editor
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? The publisher does not specify whether it considers simultaneous submissions. However, since Chicken Soup for the Soul has a distinct style, it’s probably best not to submit the exact same version of your story that you submitted elsewhere..
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes.. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? This publisher rarely accepts reprints, though it may do so if your piece only had very limited circulation, such as in a local newsletter or private blog post. You must note any previous publication when you submit the piece.
- More about what the publisher wants: Chicken Soup for the Soul offers detailed submission guidelines outlining its unique style. Read them before submitting..
Find more details at Submissions | Possible Book Topics , and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@ChickenSoupSoul has a call out for nonfiction essays and poetry about the goodness of running. Due December 15, 2018; pays $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book. Click To Tweet