Chicken Soup for the Soul wants nonfiction essays and poetry about grandparents. The editors write:
The moment a grandchild is born, grandparents are born too. Just seeing your baby hold his or her baby is an unbelievable experience. Everyone has a great story about the unconditional love between grandparents and their grandchildren. We are looking for true heartwarming, insightful and humorous stories celebrating grandparents and grandchildren; written by grandmothers and grandfathers about being grandparents and written by grandchildren about their grandmothers and grandfathers. Stories about or by step-grandparents and honorary grandparents are welcomed too.
Submitting to grandparents anthology
- Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Publication: Grandparents
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: up to 1,200 words
- Payment: $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book
- Rights the publisher asks for: First print & e-book rights; that means you can republish your poem or essay at any time after the book appears in print.
- Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: varies
- Format: no special formatting; all submissions are cut and paste into publisher’s online submissions editor
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? The publisher does not specify whether it considers simultaneous submissions. However, since Chicken Soup for the Soul has a distinct style, it’s probably best not to submit the exact same version of your story that you submitted elsewhere.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? This publisher rarely accepts reprints, though it may do so if your piece only had very limited circulation, such as in a local newsletter or private blog post. You must note any previous publication when you submit the piece.
- More about what the publisher wants: Chicken Soup for the Soul offers detailed submission guidelines outlining its unique style. Read them before submitting.
Find more details at Submissions | Chicken Soup for the Soul, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@ChickenSoupSoul has a call out for nonfiction essays and poetry about grandparents. Due August 31, 2018; pays $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book. Click To Tweet