Chicken Soup for the Soul wants nonfiction essays and poetry for the upcoming collection More Messages from Heaven. The editors write:
When our loved ones leave this world, our connection with them does not end. Death takes away their physical presence, but not their spirit, and we often sense them after they have gone. Sometimes we see or hear from them after they’ve passed, giving us signs and messages from beyond. We want to hear your story if you have experienced the other side or received a sign or signal from a loved one who has passed.
Submitting to More Messages from Heaven
- Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Publication: More Messages from Heaven
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: up to 1,200 words
- Payment: $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book
- Rights the publisher asks for: First print & e-book rights; that means you can republish your poem or essay at any time after the book appears in print.
- Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: varies
- Format: no special formatting; all submissions are cut and paste into publisher’s online submissions editor
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? The publisher does not specify whether it considers simultaneous submissions. However, since Chicken Soup for the Soul has a distinct style, it’s probably best not to submit the exact same version of your story that you submitted elsewhere.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? This publisher rarely accepts reprints, though it may do so if your piece only had very limited circulation, such as in a local newsletter or private blog post. You must note any previous publication when you submit the piece.
- More about what the publisher wants: Chicken Soup for the Soul offers detailed submission guidelines outlining its unique style. Read them before submitting.
Find more details at Submissions | Chicken Soup for the Soul, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@ChickenSoupSoul has a call out for nonfiction essays and poetry about receiving messages from heaven or loved ones who have died. Due July 15, 2018; pays $200 and 10 copies of the book. Click To Tweet