Circlet Press has a call out for short romance stories featuring asexual characters.
It seems like every romance movie, book, and song out there equates lust with love, and that means some of us are left out. Not everyone feels lust. Not everyone even wants romantic love.
Here’s your chance to talk about romance for the characters uninterested in sex. Give me your space pilots in serious relationships with their sentient ships. Think about how an incubus would patiently court a demi-sexual. Maybe you have a regency fantasy where only a virgin can wield the talisman, and thank goodness we’ve got an adult countess who can step up.
Let’s not define this by what it isn’t. Allosexuality dominates the rest of the media. Here’s a chance for ace pride to shine. Submit your stories from all over the spectra—from science fiction to fantasy, from sex-repulsed to demi-sexual, from romantic to platonic.
This romance anthology celebrates asexuality in all its forms, in all its levels. Maybe your characters will take things to their allosexual conclusions, but maybe they won’t. And, as it ought to be in reality, that’s up to you.
Details on Circlet Press’s call for asexual romances
- Publisher: Circlet Press
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 2,500–8,500 words, with some flexibility
- Payment: $25 for publication in ebook, another $25 if a print edition is also made
- Rights: First publication rights; after that, author can republish elsewhere
- Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Response time: unspecified
- Format: They don’t specify a format, but your best bet is probably to use standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? They don’t specify. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
Find more details at CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Asexual Romance | Circlet Press.