Cleis Press wants short stories for Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year Volume 4 (Best Lesbian Erotica 2019), to be edited by Sinclair Sexsmith. They want contemporary, realistic stories only. They write:
Representations of queer women, non-binary AFAB, and trans women’s sexuality that are not as frequently seen — with ability, race, ethnicity, class, neurodiversity, ace-spectrum, age, religion, or other social justice politic viewpoint — are particularly of interest. Writers who have not previously published are encouraged.
The anthology is not limited to certain kinds of sex acts. “Vanilla,” BDSM, fetish, ace, and all kinds of sensual and sexual expression are welcome. I will be looking for a wide variety of sexual identities: mommy, mistress, sir, puppy, girl, etc.
Dale’s note: The pay this year has dropped a lot. It used to be $100/story; now it’s $50.
Submitting to Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year Volume 4 (Best Lesbian Erotica 2019)
- Publisher: Cleis Press
- Publication: Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year Volume 4 (Best Lesbian Erotica 2019)
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: 2,000–4,000 words
- Payment: $50 and 1 copy of the book within 90 days of publication
- Rights the publisher asks for: Non-exclusive right to publish the story in this anthology in print, ebook and audiobook form.
- Deadline: August 15
- Publication date: 2019
- Response time: Not specified
- Format: “Send your double-spaced, Times New Roman black font submission with the subject line ‘Best Lesbian Erotica submission’ to email@example.com as a Google document (preferred), or as an attachment in .doc, .docx or .rtf format. Include the story title, your legal name, pseudonym (if applicable), 150-word bio, previous publication information for the story (if applicable), and mailing and email addresses on the first page.”
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Up to two stories may be submitted Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes, if published in 2018. However, new stories preferred.
Find more details, query at firstname.lastname@example.org, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@mrsexsmith and @cleispress want short stories for Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year Volume 4. Due August 15; pays $50 and 1 copy of the book within 90 days of publication. Click To Tweet