Mischief Corner Books wants LGBTQ+ cowboy romance novels and novellas for their A Dusty Heart fiction line. The editors write:
Cowboys are Mmm-mmm good, but it can get lonely out there on the range. These boys need someone to give their broken hearts some tender care. Whether on the farm, out on the range, or misplaced in the big city chasing a dream, these boys need someone to burrow underneath their tough guy exterior and get them to remember what it means to love. Love isn’t always easily attainable, though, and something they have to fight for.
Submitting to A Dusty Heart
- Publisher: Mischief Corner Books
- Publication: A Dusty Heart fiction line
- Publication type: ebook; novels may also appear in paperback or audiobook
- Word count: at least 40,000 words
- Payment: royalties
- Rights the publisher asks for: not available
- Deadline: no deadline
- Publication date:
- Response time: “You should receive an automatic notice letting you know we have received your submission.”
- Format: Microsoft Word documents in 12 pt Times New Roman, 1″ margin, 1.5 spacing, and .25 paragraph indent. Put Author Name/Title/Page # in the upper right-hand corner.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
Find more details at House Lines | Mischief Corner Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@MischiefCorner has a call out for LGBTQ+ cowboy romance novels and novellas. No deadline; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.