Dreamspinner Press wants contemporary male-male romance novels and novellas for its Perchance to Dream book line, an ongoing collection of stories set in the British Commonwealth. The editors write:
Dreamspinner Press presents Perchance to Dream: stories of gay romance with settings and themes fitting for characters living in countries of the British commonwealth. We want to feature the lives and loves of residents in the British Isles, Canada, Australia, and more, while preserving the culture and flair that is uniquely British in origin.
Submitting to Perchance to Dream book line
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
- Publication: Perchance to Dream book line
- Publication type: ebook, print book
- Word count: 15,000 words and up
- Payment: “A $500-$1,000 advance is paid in a single payment upon receipt of the signed contract. Once the advance is satisfied, novels earn 40% royalties for digital sales and 30% royalties for print sales. … [For novellas, a] $200-$500 advance may be offered at the discretion of the publisher. Novellas earn 40% royalties for digital sales.”
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for three years with the option to renew
- Deadline: Submit anytime
- Publication date: Approximately one year following submission, if accepted.
- Response time: “We will acknowledge all submissions by email within five to seven days. Submissions will be read by multiple reviewers and an editor, and you will have a response within eight weeks.”
- Format: “Standard 12 pt Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, .5 indent for the first line of each paragraph. 1.5 line spaces between lines. No tabs or spacing to indent, please!” Use .docx, .doc, .rtf, .odt, and .txt formats.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: email@example.com
- Additional notes: “Stories should be submitted using British English grammar and spelling conventions. Natural voice, language patterns, word choice, and slang are strongly encouraged. Settings should be rich in the flavor of the countries of the British commonwealth.”
Find more details at Submissions | Dreamspinner Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@dreamspinners wants contemporary male-male romances set in Commonwealth nations for its Perchance to Dream book line. Submit anytime; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.