Male-male romance publisher Dreamspinner Press wants contemporary romance novellas featuring volunteers and other altruistic heroes for its Sharing is Caring book line. The editors write:
Dreamspinner Press is looking for stories that focus on characters who make a difference in the world around them. These should be positive, uplifting stories that leave readers feeling good and maybe even thinking about contributions they can make themselves. Settings could range from characters working for organized groups, like Doctors without Borders or Greenpeace, to someone volunteering to clean up their local stream or picking up unsold bread from a bakery to contribute to a homeless shelter. Consideration will be given to unique, creative situations that bring characters together and drive their romance. No heavy angst, please.
Submitting to Dreamspinner’s Sharing is Caring book line
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
- Publication: Dreamspinner’s Sharing is Caring book line
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: novellas 15,000–60,000 words
- Payment: Dreamspinner pays royalties on all sales—40% royalties for ebooks up to the first 1,000 sold, 50% after 1,000 copies are sold, and 60% after 2,000 copies are sold.
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for three years with the option to renew
- Deadline: Submit anytime
- Publication date: Up to one year following submission, if accepted.
- Response time: “We will acknowledge all submissions by email within five to seven days. Submissions will be read by multiple reviewers and an editor, and you will have a response within eight weeks.”
- Format: “Standard 12 pt Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, .5 indent for the first line of each paragraph. 1.5 line spaces between lines. No tabs or spacing to indent, please!” Use .docx, .doc, .rtf, .odt, and .txt formats.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: email@example.com
- Additional notes: Include “Sharing is Caring” in the subject line when emailing your submission to Dreamspinner.
Find more details at Submissions | Dreamspinner Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Gay romance publisher @dreamspinners wants contemporary romance novellas featuring volunteers and other altruistic heroes for its Sharing is Caring book line. Submit anytime; pays royalties. Click To Tweet