Evernight Publishing wants young adult novels and novellas for its Evernight Teen imprint. Main characters should be 16–21 years of age. Characters of any gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome. The editors write:
We want to see books that have well developed plots, strong conflicts, memorable characters and dialogue. Evernight is seeking gritty teen romance, coming of age stories, and cutting edge fiction that today’s young adults can relate to. The stories should have real issues, a strong emotional punch, and a plot to keep the reader turning the pages.
Submitting to Evernight Teen
- Publisher: Evernight Publishing/Evernight Teen
- Publication type: ebook and print
- Word count: 25,000–100,000 words
- Payment: 45% gross royalties from sales on Evernight’s website and 45% net royalties from sales on retail sites
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for a period of time agreed upon in the contract
- Deadline: No deadline
- Response time: Four months
- Format: Microsoft Word document, 1-inch margins, 12 pt Times New Roman font, no headers/footers/page numbers, double-spaced
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Additional notes: They are not interested in continuing series started at other publishers or imprints.
Find more details at Submissions | Evernight Teen, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Do you write #YA? @evernightpub has a call out for young adult novels and novellas, including romances. No deadline; pays 45% royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.