Helios Quarterly wants short science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories for upcoming issues. They will consider new submissions January 1–January 15. Editor Zelda Knight writes:
Helios Quarterly Magazine publishes quality fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and art that illuminates the darkness. HQM wants stories and poetry that push boundaries and are succinct.
Submitting to Helios Quarterly
- Publication: Helios Quarterly
- Publication type: periodical
- Editor: Zelda Knight
- Word count: 101 to 1,000 words for flash fiction; 1,001 to 1,500 words for short stories; total word count 3,000 to 7,500 words for serialized stories
- Payment: serial stories 3¢/word, short stories 2¢–3¢/word; flash fiction 1¢/word; 25¢/line for poetry
- Rights the publisher asks for: First world electronic and print rights in English with exclusivity for 6 months from the date of publication. Non-exclusive archival rights as long as website(s) hosting the work are online. If selected for a future podcast, payment is 1¢/word for non-exclusive electronic audio rights. If republished in a future anthology, royalties up to 1¢/word will be paid.
- Deadline: Submission period Jan. 1–Jan. 15
- Publication date:
- Response time: 5–8 weeks
- Format: Standard manuscript format.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more details at Submissions | Helios Quarterly, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Click To Tweet