JMS Books wants intercultural LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels for its Culture Clash ebook collection. The editors write:
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories in which two people come together despite differences. This can be interpreted in a number of ways. Different cultures—a Brit and an American hit it off on an international flight, perhaps. Or different ways of life—think City Mouse meets Country Mouse and all the fun that might entail. And this isn’t limited to contemporary stories—maybe an astronaut falls for an alien, or a Western outlaw for a Native American chief.
Submitting to Culture Clash ebook collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: Culture Clash ebook collection
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: “We acknowledge receipt of your submission in 24 hours and give you a response in less than one week.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
Find more details at Submissions | JMS Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc has a call out for intercultural LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels. Due August 31, 2018; pays 50% royalties, paid quarterly. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.