JMS Books wants intercultural LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels for its Culture Clash ebook collection. The editors write:
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories in which two people come together despite differences. This can be interpreted in a number of ways. Different cultures—a Brit and an American hit it off on an international flight, perhaps. Or different ways of life—think City Mouse meets Country Mouse and all the fun that might entail. And this isn’t limited to contemporary stories—maybe an astronaut falls for an alien, or a Western outlaw for a Native American chief.
Submitting to Culture Clash ebook collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: Culture Clash ebook collection
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: “We acknowledge receipt of your submission in 24 hours and give you a response in less than one week.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
Find more details at Submissions | JMS Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc has a call out for intercultural LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels. Due August 31, 2018; pays 50% royalties, paid quarterly. Click To Tweet