Queer romance press JMS Books wants LGBTQ+ romances in all subgenres for its Missed Connections book collection. The editors write:
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories about missed connections. Maybe your character wrote down someone’s phone number wrong and now has to try to find him or her. Or a sudden romance blooms when your character misses a connecting flight or has to take a later train and finds Mr. or Ms. Right? Perhaps someone types in the wrong email address and, intrigued, the recipient replies?
Submitting to Missed Connections book collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: Missed Connections book collection
- Publication type: ebook; stories longer than 60,000 words also go to print
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Publication date: 2019
- Response time: “We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more details at Submission Calls | JMS books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc wants LGBTQ+ romances in all subgenres that start with missed connections. Due March 31, 2019; pays 50% royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.