JMS Books wants romance LGBTQ+ novellas and novels for its Sweet Reunions ebook collection about friends or lovers reuniting after time apart and then falling in love. The editors write:
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories in which former lovers or old flames meet up again later in life only to find that the fire still burns between them. Maybe a pair of high school buddies discover their true feelings for each other at their twentieth class reunion. Or former coworkers connect again years later at a new place of employment. Or former band mates reconnect for a reunion tour that leads to an encore performance in the bedroom.
Submitting to Sweet Reunions ebook collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: Sweet Reunions ebook collection
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: “We acknowledge receipt of your submission in 24 hours and give you a response in less than one week.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
Find more details at Submission Calls | JMS Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc has a call out for LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels about sweet reunions. Due October 31, 2018; pays 50% royalties, paid quarterly. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.