JMS Books wants romance novellas or novels for its Jolly Holidays ebook collection, which will center on a variety of holidays from December through February in cultures around the world. The editors write:
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories set during winter holidays. Christmas, of course, but we’re also open to Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, New Year’s. You could also do Chinese New Year, Diwali, Valentine’s Day … any holiday set during the winter months. (Thanksgiving isn’t included because we may not be able to schedule a turkey day story this year, but if you have one in mind, let us know and we’ll see if we can work it in).
They will consider all subgenres of romance, including sci-fi, historical, and paranormal.
Submitting to Jolly Holidays ebook collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: Jolly Holidays ebook collection
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Publication date: November, December, January, or February, depending on the holiday
- Response time: “We acknowledge receipt of your submission in 24 hours and give you a response in less than one week.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
Find more details at Submissions | JMS Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc has a call out for LGBTQ+romance novellas or novels for its Jolly Holidays ebook collection. Due September 30, 2018; pays 50% royalties, paid quarterly. Click To Tweet