JMS Books wants LGBTQ+ romance novellas or novels for the It Was a Dark and Stormy Night ebook collection. The editors write:
We are looking for paranormal or horror queer romance and erotic romance stories which begin with that age-old line, It was a dark and stormy night. With that as your opener, where do your characters take us? (Note: whether you actually open your story with that phrase is up to you, but use it as an inspiration).
Submitting to It Was a Dark and Stormy Night ebook collection
- Publisher: JMS Books
- Publication: It Was a Dark and Stormy Night ebook collection
- Publication type: ebook
- Word count: 12,000 words and up
- Payment: 50% royalties, paid quarterly
- Rights the publisher asks for: Two-year, automatically renewing contract
- Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Publication date: October 2018
- Response time: “We acknowledge receipt of your submission in 24 hours and give you a response in less than one week.”
- Format: Rich Text Format (preferred) or Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, Arial 12-point font, indented paragraphs, no extra lines between paragraphs. See Formatting Your Submission at JMS Books Submission Guidelines for complete details.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? They say, “We will consider previously published stories on a case-by-case basis. If your submission has been published previously, including self-published, please state the previous publisher and release date, as well as the date rights reverted back to you, in your submission cover letter.”
Find more details at Submissions | JMS Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@jmsbooksllc has a call out for LGBTQ+ romantic horror novellas or novels to be released this Halloween. Due July 31, 2018; pays 50% royalties, paid quarterly. Click To Tweet