Less Than Three Press is looking for paranormal LGBTQIA romances featuring shifters with disabilities for its upcoming Bound By Nothing book collection. Works should be novella- or novel-length. The editors write:
Bound by Nothing — LGBTQIA Collection Call — Shifters are a league above humans: stronger, faster, more powerful, better senses; sometimes they’re longer lived and have special abilities—even magic. The one thing seldom seen in shifter stories are disabilities. Werewolves who can’t hear, werefalcons who can’t see, shifters with chronic pain or severe depression—where are their stories?
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories of shifters with disabilities, from the physical to mental, visible to invisible.
Submitting to Bound By Nothing collection
- Publisher: Less Than Three Press
- Publication: Bound By Nothing collection
- Publication type: book, ebook
- Word count: 20,000–60,000 words
- Payment: 45% of cover price for all ebook sales through Less Than Three’s website; 40% of gross earnings for sales through 3rd party distributors; 20% of cover price for all sales of print books. Authors of works of at least 40,000 words receive 4 copies of the print book.
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for a period specified in the contract, generally a minimum of 2-3 years. Author retains copyright.
- Deadline: Jan. 31, 2019
- Response time: You should receive a confirmation email within an hour of submitting. You should receive a decision in 6–8 weeks.
- Format: Format your manuscript in Calibri 12 pt font with 1.15 line spacing and one space (hard return) between paragraphs. Do not add space before or after your paragraphs and do not indent your paragraphs. Use half-inch margins on all sides. Do not add headers or footers. Find all details at www.lessthanthreepress.com/submissions.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes.
- Who to contact with questions: email@example.com
Find more details at Collection Calls | Less Than Three Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@nikerymis and @LT3Press want paranormal LGBTQIA romances featuring shifters with disabilities. Due Jan. 31, 2019; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.