Less Than Three Press is looking for LGBTQIA romances between humans and aliens from other planets for its Written in the Stars collection of novels and novellas. Aliens must be sentient and capable of consent, and stories should show that love “has the power to cross barriers of culture, speech, and even the vastness of space itself.”
- Publisher: Less Than Three Press
- Publication type: Novella or novel
- Word count: 20,000 to 60,000
- Payment: Royalties (45% of cover price for ebook sales from publisher’s website, 40% of gross earnings for ebook sales through distributors; 20% of cover price for all sales of print books) plus copies of book
- Deadline: Nov. 30, 2017
- Format: See Formatting & Editing Guidelines at the publisher’s submissions page
Find complete submission requirements at Less Than Three Press, LLC
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies,or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee.