Liminality: A Magazine of Speculative Poetry is seeking poems in fantasy, sci-fi, horror, mythological, and related genres for its next quarterly issue. The editors write:
In anthropological terms, liminality is the midpoint of a ritual: the threshold where a person is no longer quite who they were, not yet who they might become. In between masks, what face might you have? What might you be in transit? Where will you go? Everything is possible in that moment; change is its own goal. Liminality is the space between. …
We’re looking for speculative literary poems that touch the heart as much as the head; poems of the liminal, the fluid, and the fantastic. We’d love to see work that shifts shape, refuses to be to be easily pinned down or categorised. We actively welcome diversity; we want to hear new as well as established voices. Tell us tales we thought we knew, the way only you can tell them. Give us new myths.
Submitting to Liminality: A Magazine of Speculative Poetry
- Publication: Liminality: A Magazine of Speculative Poetry
- Publication type: quarterly periodical, anthology, online
- Editor: Shira Lipkin and Mattie Joiner
- Word count: No line limit; they will accept short to epic poems.
- Payment: $10/poem
- Rights the publisher asks for: First worldwide publication rights and non-exclusive anthology rights.
- Deadline: November 30
- Publication date: 2019
- Response time: Not specified
- Format: “Please include your poems in the body of the e-mail; if you have formatting that makes that untenable, you may attach the poem as an .rtf.” You can indicate formatting (italics, etc.) using HTML or markup.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: email@example.com
Find more details at Submission Guildelines | Liminality, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@liminalitymag wants speculative poetry for upcoming issues. Submissions open through November 30; pays $10/poem. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.