Speculative fiction magazine Liquid Imagination wants fantasy, horror, and sci-fi short stories and poetry for its February 2019 issue. There is not a firm deadline; editors consider submissions until about a month before an issue is released. The editors write:
Give us INTENSITY with high EMOTION in your writing and bring AWE to readers.
Give us something unexpected and well written. Technique, voice, characterization, and language will all play a part in our decision to publish. Amaze us with your writing, use of language, sense of story, and memorable characters. Give us a story readers will not be able to forget and will eagerly recommend to others.
Submitting to Liquid Imagination
- Publication: Liquid Imagination
- Publication type: periodical, online
- Editor: John C. Mannone is the poetry editor. For fiction, Liquid Imagination invites guest editors, so they vary from issue to issue.
- Word count: Up to 1,000 words for flash fiction; up to 6,000 words for short stories. For poetry, submit up to 5 poems.
- Payment: $8 dollars for short stories or poems ($10 is you accept payment via PayPal); $3 for flash fiction ($5 is you use PayPal). Writers outside the U.S. can be paid only through PayPal.
- Rights the publisher asks for: First world rights, nonexclusive archival rights, and nonexclusive anthology rights
- Deadline: They accept submissions until the issue is full, which is usually about a month before the issue is released. Check the website for updates on whether submissions are still open when you are ready to submit—usually it’s in the second paragraph on this page, after “All stories and poems must be submitted using Submittable (click on the appropriate link at the bottom of this page).”
- Publication date: February 2019
- Response time: about 4 weeks
- Format: 1-inch margins, single-spaced lines, extra space between paragraphs, no indents. No fancy formatting, no headers, and no footers. Standard font in 10pt, 11pt, or 12pt. Include your first name, last name, and email address on first page. Do not submit a PDF.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more details at Submissions | Liquid Imagination, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Speculative fiction magazine Liquid Imagination wants short stories and poetry in sci fi, fantasy, and related genres for February issue. Due around Jan. 1; pays $8–$10 dollars for short stories or poems, $3–$5 for flash. Click To Tweet