Less Than Three Press has extended the deadline for the upcoming anthology Life After All, which will feature want LGBTQIA+ romances that take place in an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic world. Since the stories are romance, they should not be completely bleak. Originally due on July 31, stories are now due Sept. 30. That gives you two more months to polish your prose.
The editors write:
We want to see stories of hardened apocalypse survivors building new lives and homes with their found families; gentle robots terraforming the ruined remains of the Earth; your post-Earth space settlers slice-of-life.
Thanks to Demetrius for giving me a heads up about the new deadline!
Submission details for Life After All
- Publisher: Less Than Three Press
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 8,000–15,000 words
- Payment: $150 upon receipt of a signed contract, plus one copy of each electronic edition and two copies of the paperback
- Rights the publisher asks for: not specified
- Deadline: Sept. 30, 2018
- Response time: 6–8 weeks after Sept. 30
- Format: Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format. At the top left of the first page of your manuscript, include the story title, your author name (the one you want to appear in publication, meaning your pen name or legal name), your story’s pairing, type of English you used in your story (US/UK/CA/AUS), and content notes to warn for “explicit or violent content, BDSM, dub-con, suicide/mentions of suicide/suicidal thoughts, rape or mentions of rape, potentially triggering content.”
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? No simultaneous submissions. To ask about multiple submissions, email email@example.com. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified.
Find more details at Anthology Submissions | Less Than Three Press.
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.