Mischief Corner Books wants LGBTQ+ sci-fi romance novels and novellas for its Lost in the Stars book line. The editors write:
Space ships. Alternative realities with faster than light travel. Time machines. Worm holes. A world thriving after a nuclear holocaust. Our Lost in the Stars line is our beacon for the future, where science fiction gives us hope and a way forward in turbulent times. Innovation. Technology. The Stars. All of them give us hope for a better tomorrow. Sometimes, though, there are those who would want to strip us of everything we fought for. Our heroes push on despite the odds and overcome the obstacles laid out before them to obtain their desires and each other.
Submitting to Lost in the Stars book line
- Publisher: Mischief Corner Books
- Publication: Lost in the Stars book line
- Publication type: ebook; novels may also appear in paperback or audiobook
- Word count: at least 40,000 words
- Payment: Royalties
- Rights the publisher asks for: 3-year exclusive contract
- Deadline: no deadline
- Response time: “You should receive an automatic notice letting you know we have received your submission.”
- Format: “Format your documents (*.doc or *.docx files only) as follows: Author Name/Title/Page # upper right hand corner, 12 pt [Times New Roman], 1″ margin, 1.5 spacing, .25 paragraph indent – no spacing or tabs please.”
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional notes: “Romance first! But we want a nice genre plot too.”
Find more details at House Lines | Mischief Corner Books, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@MischiefCorner wants LGBTQ+ sci-fi romance novels and novellas for its Lost in the Stars book line. Submit anytime; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.