Mystery Weekly Magazine wants crime & mystery short stories for upcoming issues. The editors write:
At the cutting edge of crime fiction, Mystery Weekly Magazine presents original short stories by the world’s best-known and emerging mystery writers. The stories we feature in our monthly issues span every imaginable subgenre, including cozy, police procedural, noir, whodunit, supernatural, hardboiled, humor, and historical mysteries. Evocative writing and a compelling story are the only certainty.
Submitting to Mystery Weekly Magazine
- Publisher: Mystery Weekly Magazine
- Publication: Mystery Weekly Magazine
- Publication type: periodical
- Editor: Kerry Carter
- Word count: 2,500–7,500 words
- Payment: 1¢/word
- Rights the publisher asks for: “We require first-publication and archival rights with an exclusivity period of 1 year.”
- Deadline: No deadline.
- Response time:
- Format: Paste submission into form on website.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: www.mysteryweekly.com/contact.asp
- Additional notes: “Avoid scenes of animal cruelty or excessive profanity/violence, and please make sure there are no typos or grammatical errors.”
Find more details at Submissions | Mystery Weekly Magazine, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@MysteryWeekly has a call out for crime & mystery short stories. Rolling submissions; pays 1¢/word. Click To Tweet