Pride Publishing wants romances starring LGBTQ characters for its line of Western-themed novels and novellas. The call is confusingly written since it says “we want to see the men that make the West Wild,” but it also specifies that they are looking for LGBTQ characters, which would mean they want lesbian stories, too. So either the editor/intern who wrote this description works solely with MM titles and forgot about the rest of the publishing house’s tastes (Pride Publishing does, in fact, print FF titles); or Pride really only want MM novels and forgot to remove the “L” from “LGBTQ.” I’m waiting to hear back from Pride Publishing about what they really mean.
In the meantime, the editors write:
Saddle up! Ranches and rodeos, cowboys and clowns – we want to see the men that make the West Wild. We are looking for Cowboy and Western stories with LGBTQ characters finding love. We’re looking for manuscripts between 10,000—100,000 words in length, series and serials are also welcome.
Submitting to Pride Publishing
- Publisher: Pride Publishing
- Publication: Cowboy and Western line
- Publication type: ebook, print for longer works
- Word count: 10,000–100,000 words
- Payment: royalties (40% of the suggested retail price for ebooks, 30% for audio, and 10% for print)
- Rights the publisher asks for: 4-year exclusive contract
- Deadline: no deadline
- Format: 12 pt font, Book Antiqua preferred.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified.
Find more details at Submission Calls | Pride Publishing, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@PridePublishing has a call out for LGBTQ cowhand and Western romances. No deadline; pays royalties. Click To Tweet