Pride Publishing wants MM romance novels and novellas for its Men in Uniform line. The editors write:
Whether they’re wearing desert-dusty fatigues or smoke-stained fire gear, we love a man in uniform who isn’t afraid to put his life on the line when doing his job. But who is the hero of their heart? We’re looking for scorching hot stories of … GBTQ men in uniform, and the lucky ones they love. We’re looking for manuscripts between 10,000 -100,000 words in length, series and serials are also welcome.
Submitting to the Men in Uniform line
- Publisher: Pride Publishing
- Publication: Men in Uniform line
- Publication type: ebook, print for longer works
- Word count: 10,000–100,000 words
- Payment: royalties (40% of the suggested retail price for ebooks, 30% for audio, and 10% for print)
- Rights the publisher asks for: 4-year exclusive contract
- Deadline: no deadline
- Format: 12 pt font, Book Antiqua preferred.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified.
- Additional notes: The call has a typo referring to “LGBTQ men.” I’ve contacted Pride Publishing about the issue, but it likely wouldn’t hurt for others—particularly currently contracted writers—to point it out as well.
Find more details at Submission Calls | Pride Publishing, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@PridePublishing wants MM romance novels and novellas for its Men in Uniform line. No deadline; pays royalties (40% of the suggested retail price for ebooks, 30% for audio, and 10% for print). Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.