Pub518 wants short stories, flash fiction, and poetry for its upcoming anthology, Influence of the Moon. The editors write that this influence “an include, but is not limited to, vampires, werewolves, lunar settlements, or lunar influences to people/events.” All genres except erotica will be considered.
Pub518 is a writer’s group and publisher “advancing the professional interests of career-focused writers in and around the 518 area code region” in upstate New York, so a little more than half of each anthology is made up from works by authors from that area. That still leaves almost half of the clots open to authors from elsewhere.
Submitting to Influence of the Moon
- Publisher: Pub518
- Publication: Influence of the Moon
- Publication type: anthology, print, ebook
- Word count: flash fiction up to 1,500 words, short stories up to 5,000 words, poems up to 150 lines
- Payment: “Free physical copy of the book and $5 per author, regardless of number of accepted submissions.”
- Rights the publisher asks for: “First rights to digital, audio, and print formats in English. Exclusive for one year from publication. After that year all rights revert back to the author.”
- Deadline: Dec. 31, 2018
- Publication date: 2019
- Response time: Not specified
- Format: “Stories must be submitted electronically as a .docx attachment in an email to email@example.com. Submission should be 12-point font, Times New Roman, and double spaced. The document name should include the name of your submission. Please include the title and page numbers in the header of the attachment.”
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? They will not accept multiple short stories, but they will accept up to three pieces of flash fiction or five pieces of poetry. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional notes: Accepted genres include “anything that isn’t erotica.”
Find more details at Submit to Us | Pub518, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@Pub518 wants short stories, flash fiction, and poetry in most genres for its upcoming anthology, Influence of the Moon. Due Dec. 31, 2018; pays $5. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.