Pulp Literature’s submission box is open April 16–April 30. They like stories from many genres and in between genres, as long as they are entertaining and accessible. They aim for a balance of serious and lighthearted stories and also accept poetry. The editors write:
If you’re an established author, we want you to submit the pieces you’ve hidden under your bed, your midnight experiments that didn’t fit into your genre, and the little things that have no other home. Go wild! Send us your genre-breaking stuff!
If you’re a new writer send in your most thrilling, funny, or heart-rending work in any genre.
Submission details for Pulp Literature
- Publisher: Pulp Literature
- Publication type: periodical
- Word count: short stories and novellas up to 20,000 words; short stories under 5,000 words have the best chance of publication
- Payment: up to $0.07 per word for short stories (to 7.000 words), up to $.05 per word between 7000 and 10,000 words, and $0.035 per word for works over 10,000 words
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive print and digital first world rights for a period of 120 days from the publishing date, after which all rights revert to the author.
- Submission period: April 16–30, 2018
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: not specified
- Format: Not specified. You’ll probably be safe with standard manuscript format.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes.
Find more details at Submissions | Pulp Literature, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@pulpliterature has a call out for short stories, novellas, poetry, and comics. short stories and novellas up to 20,000 words. Open submissions April 16 – 30, 2018. Pays 3.5¢–7¢ per word. Click To Tweet