SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS CALL ARE SUSPENDED.
Radiant Crown Publishing has extended the deadline for its anthology Mystique Masquerade, a collection of short romances in sci-fi, fantasy, and other speculative fiction genres.
CARNEVALE is the time for indulgence. Mystique Masquerade is searching for adult and erotic romance with a strong speculative element (science-fiction, fantasy, and horror) of all heat levels borrowing from the Venetian tradition. We want elaborate masks and dances of the physical kind. Give us your cosmic encounters at intergalactic balls, uncanny adventures in fae festivals, and macarbre showdowns with renaissance phantoms.
- Publisher: Radiant Crown Publishing
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 7,500 to 40,000 words
- Payment: 1¢/word. If an audiobook is produced, payment is $0.01 USD per word.
- Rights the publisher asks for: First world electronic and print rights in English with exclusivity for 6 months from the date of publication. Non-exclusive archival rights as long as the website(s) hosting the work are online. If an audiobook is produced, publisher seeks non-exclusive electronic audio rights.
- Deadline: April 1st, 2019 11:59 EST
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? They will consider up to two submissions per author. Simultaneous submissions are also okay. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes.
Find more details at Mystique Masquerade: A Speculative Romance Anthology.
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.