For its Summer 2019 issue, the poetry magazine Rattle wants to feature poets who publish their work on Instagram. The editors write:
The poems may be any style, length, or subject, but must have first appeared on Instagram and not yet appeared in print. Our goal is to find the best poetry that’s happening on this new and dynamic platform, and the best poets who are primarily publishing there. Submissions may include artwork if you have the ability to license its use (i.e. if the art is also your original work, Creative Commons licensed, or in the public domain). Due to the electronic nature of this theme, we’re only accepting submissions as links through Submittable. Please be sure to select the Instagram Poets category.
Submitting to Rattle magazine
- Publication: Rattle magazine
- Publication type: online, print
- Editor: Timothy Green
- Word count: Send up to four poems; no line limit provided
- Payment: $100/poem
- Rights the publisher asks for: First publication rights plus exclusive rights for one year after publication. Author retains copyright.
- Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Publication date: Summer 2019
- Response time: Not specified.
- Format: Not specified. Standard manuscript format is a good bet.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes, but include all in a single document. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? “…we won’t consider poems that have been published in books, magazines, or newspapers, in print or online. We will, however, consider poems that have only been self-published to blogs, message boards, or social media accounts.”.
- Who to contact with questions: www.rattle.com/info/contact/
Find more details at Submissions | Rattle, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Do you publish your poetry on Instagram? @rattlemag wants to see your work! Due January 15; pays $100/poem. Click To Tweet