Rebel Mountain Press wants memoirs, short stories, poems, and short plays for the upcoming anthology Disabled Voices. The editors write:
Rebel Mountain Press is now accepting artwork from disabled and disabled-identifying creators for their forthcoming Disabled Voices anthology.
The anthology will be by the disabled community, for the disabled community. Submissions should capture life as a disabled person: from the bad and ugly to the good and victorious, and anything in between. Pieces that work to deconstruct and or challenge ableism are encouraged. We also encourage disabled people belonging to other marginalized groups to submit their work, especially as it pertains to intersectionality. Piece should embody a spirit of disability community and activism rather than inspiration for abled people.
Submitting to Disabled Voices
- Publisher: Rebel Mountain Press
- Publication: Disabled Voices
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: up to 750 words for poetry; up to 2,000 words for everything else
- Payment: $20–$30 CAD per published work and one free copy of the anthology
- Rights the publisher asks for: Not specified
- Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Publication date: Not specified
- Response time: “Selected authors will be contacted by November 30, 2018.”
- Format: .doc or .docx; standard manuscript format is not specified, but is probably a safe bet
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified; ask the publisher at DisabledVoicesRMP@gmail.com.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes, up to four submissions. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes, of self-published works.
Find more details at Rebel Mountain Press | Disabled Voices, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@rebelmountain1 is now accepting artwork from disabled and disabled-identifying creators for their forthcoming Disabled Voices anthology. Due October 31, 2018; pays $20-30 CAD. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.