Room magazine wants poetry from members of marginalized groups about current events affecting their communities. for the literary magazine. Chosen poems will be featured on Room’s website as part of the “Turtle Island Responds” series, edited by Jónína Kirton. According to the website:
Turtle Island Responds is a new online series edited by Jónína Kirton which features poetry written in response to recent news events. For this series we ask that only people from marginalized communities who are directly affected by the news that inspired their poem submit.
Submitting to Room
- Publisher: The West Coast Feminist Literary Magazine Society
- Publication: Room
- Publication type: literary magazine
- Editor: Jónína Kirton
- Word count: Up to five poems
- Payment: $25 CAD/poem
- Rights the publisher asks for: First rights
- Deadline: Submit anytime
- Publication date:
- Response time: Two weeks to two months.
- Format: Not specified. Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format is usually a good bet.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional notes: “Room publishes fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and art by women (cisgender and transgender), transgender men, Two-Spirit and nonbinary people. We specifically encourage writers with overlapping under-represented identities to submit their work. We don’t want writers to feel restricted by gender or genre labels, so if you are unsure if your work is a fit for Room, please get in touch …” Read more about the mission of Turtle Island responds and recent contributions at roommagazine.com/turtle-island-responds.
Find more details at Submit | Room Magazine, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@RoomMagazine magazine wants poetry from members of marginalized groups about current events affecting their communities. Submit anytime; pays $25 CAD/poem. Click To Tweet