Editor Zak Jane Keir and publisher Sexy Little Pages want short fiction involving unusual sexual proclivities for Rule 34, Volume 2, a follow-up to last year’s Rule 34 anthology. They write:
#internet rule 34. Top Definition. Rule 34. Generally accepted internet rule that states that pornography or sexually related material exists for any conceivable subject.
Zak Jane Keir is putting together a second volume of erotica celebrating the niche, the unusual and the thoroughly strange. Have a fetish for sneezing, farting, thunderstorms? Find a man wearing socks with sandals irresistible? Write a story about it and send it in. Last year’s collection included tales of erotic encounters involving arson, photocopiers, cake frosting, church bells, a dominant dentist, a life-size skeleton… and tripe. Let your imagination loose and see if you can outdo the previous authors.
While stories may be bittersweet and neither HEA nor HFN is mandatory, keep it sex-positive please; no kink-shaming.
Submitting to Rule 34, Volume 2
- Publisher: Sexy Little Pages
- Publication: Rule 34
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: 3,000–5,000 words
- Payment: 50% royalties split equally among participating authors
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for first 18 months; author may publish the story elsewhere after that.
- Deadline: August 31 at UK midnight (UTC+1)
- Publication date: November 2018
- Response time: All submissions will be acknowledged within two working days.
- Format: Story should be an attachment in doc, docx, or rtf format. Use standard manuscript format or something closely resembling it, but no name, contact information, or headers/footers. This is a blind submission, so they don’t want personal details on the manuscript.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
- Additional notes: They prefer contemporary stories but will consider historical, paranormal, and sci-fi.
Find more details at Submissions | Sexy Little Pages, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@SexyLittlePages wants imaginative erotica for new anthology for Rule 34, vol. 2. Due August 31 ; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.