Shifters United Productions has extended the deadline for its anthology of paranormal romance novellas featuring shapeshifters. They are open to all pairings. Series editor Mary Winter writes:
Shifters United Productions seeks to celebrate the diversity of shifters within the shifter world. No one author can own the entirety of the shifter world. Therefore, we are an ongoing anthology series seeking to feature not just the usual shifter suspects, but also the animals, both real and mythological, that don’t get so much celebration. … We’re open to works by and featuring characters from marginalized communities including, but not limited to, LGBTQIA+, POC, first nations, and disabled individuals.
Submitting to Shifters United Anthology Series
- Publisher: Shifters United Productions
- Publication: Shifters United Anthology Series
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: 20,000-35,000
- Payment: authors split 85% royalties; the other 15% goes to publisher
- Rights the publisher asks for: exclusive rights for 15 months, then nonexclusive thereafter. Publisher seeks rights for electronic and print publications only (no audio, etc.)
- Deadline: November 15
- Publication date: approx 45 days after deadline
- Response time: 2 weeks
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word (doc or docx)
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? No.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
Find more details at Submission Guidelines |Shifters United (https://shiftersunited.com/submission-guidelines/), and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@shiftersunited wants paranormal romance novellas featuring shapeshifters. Due Nov. 15; pays royalties. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.