Shoreline of Infinity wants previously published sci-fi short stories for an upcoming special issue on science and sustainability for the Edinburgh Science Festival on April 12.
- Publisher: Shoreline of Infinity
- Publication type: Magazine
- Word count: up to 5,000 words
- Payment: £10/1000 words
- Rights the publisher asks for: Non-exclusive rights
- Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018
- Publication date: Around April 12, 2018
- Response time: Feb. 1, 2018
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word with 12-point Times New Roman font. Remember to doublespace.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? Do not submit more than one story. Simultaneous submissions are okay. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes. They will only take reprints.
Find more details and a submission portal at Fiction Submissions | Shoreline of Infinity.
Looking for more places to sell sci-fi? Check out other sci-fi submission calls.
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.