Spectacle is a new quarterly magazine of speculative fiction and related nonfiction. The editors welcome submissions in all speculative fiction genres, including sci-fi, horror, fantasy, and dystopia. The editors write:
Speculative fiction is essentially limitless. Feel free to get WEIRD. Space cowboys with a flair for ballet, bored zombies with 9-5 jobs, an alternate history where Hitler and Gandhi switch places. This is our jam.
The magazine pays professional rates, and each accepted story is illustrated with specially commissioned artwork.
- Publisher: Spectacle Magazine
- Publication type: Quarterly magazine
- Genre(s): Sci-fi, horror, fantasy, weird, utopia, dystopia, alternative history, superhero, etc.
- Word count: up to 1,000 words for flash fiction. 1,000–7,500 words for short stories.
- Payment: $100 for flash fiction, $500 for short stories
- Deadline: None; they accept submissions on an ongoing basis, but may occasionally close submissions when overwhelmed
- Response time: About a week
- Format: Send your work in the body of the email. Do not send attachments.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? Yes. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
For all the details, visit Submissions | Spectacle.