SynCyr Publishing wants short romance stories for the upcoming anthology Queers in Kilts. The editors write:
We’re looking for romantic stories with queer identifying characters in kilts! We want well-written stories with good plots, healthy relationships, and engaging characters. If there are sexual scenes, there must be clear consent. Otherwise, this is a fairly open anthology. As long as there is romance, kilts, and queers!
Submitting to Queers in Kilts
- Publisher: SynCyr Publishing
- Publication: Queers in Kilts
- Publication type: anthology
- Editor: Sienna Saint-Cyr
- Word count: 3000-7000 words
- Payment: 60% of net royalties split between authors
- Rights the publisher asks for: not specified
- Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Publication date: not specified
- Response time: not specified
- Format: Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format document. Use Times New Roman 12pt font. Use double spacing, with no extra line between paragraphs. Also, “Do not hit the ‘tab’ key to indent paragraphs. Use Word’s margins/ruler to indent.”
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified.
- Additional notes: Any gender pairing is acceptable, as long as at least one of the characters in the pairing identifies as queer. Stories should be sex- and body-positive.
Find more details at Open Calls | SinCyr Publishing, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Who doesn't love a kilt? @SinCyrPublishing has a call out for the upcoming romance anthology Queers in Kilts. Due April 30, 2019; pays 60% of net royalties split between authors. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.