District of Wonders wants short horror and dark fantasy short stories for its volunteer-run fan podcast, Tales to Terrify. The editors write:
Feel free to challenge the definition of horror. Standard tropes and monsters are welcome just as much as blood, sex and gore. Scare us with your Gothic stories of haunted buildings, but do your best to honor the diversity within the genre. We want to be terrified by your concepts, by your implications, by your story’s possibilities. We want to read works that threaten to bleed into our reality and corrupt something as ordinary as a toaster.
Scare us. Make our breath stop and disturb our minds. Anything is allowed as long as it’s well-conceived and well-written.
Terrify the hell out of us with your tale.
Submitting to Tales to Terrify
- Publisher: District of Wonders
- Publication: Tales to Terrify
- Publication type: podcast
- Word count: 2.000–10,000 words
- Payment: $50/story
- Rights the publisher asks for: One-time audio rights
- Deadline: currently open to submissions; closing date not specified
- Publication date: varies
- Response time: up to 60 days
- Format: Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format, double-spaced, 12 pt. Courier New or Times New Roman font. Please include author, title and word count on first page.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Yes, but please keep it to no more than two at a time. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified; however, other District of Wonders podcasts do consider reprints as long as they have not been read on another podcast.
Find more details at Submission Guidelines | Tales to Terrify, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@talestoterrify has a call out for horror, dark fantasy, and disturbing fiction for its weekly podcast. Currently open to submissions; closing date not specified. Pays $50/story. Click To Tweet