Tell-Tale Press wants fantasy, horror, mystery, and sci-fi stories for its winter holidays–themed collection. Erotica falling within these genres will also be considered. The collection will be featured on the website of Tell-Tale Press and in an ebook.
The editors write:
This theme includes Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Year’s, Winter Solstice, Chinese New Year, and any other winter holidays you can think of. Extreme and erotica are okay. Your story will be marked with an “X” so readers will know what to expect. Please, no fanfic.
Submitting to Winter Holidays edition
- Publisher: Tell-Tale Press
- Publication: Winter holidays collection
- Publication type: online, ebook
- Word count: 500–5,000
- Payment: $5 for 500 to 1000 words (flash fiction); $10 for 1,000 to 3,000 words (microfictions or short stories); $25 for 3,000 to 5,000 words (short stories). “Payment will be rendered via PayPal within 30 days of being published online.”
- Rights the publisher asks for: “Writer retains all rights to their story and therefore can submit them to other publications or reprint them as they so desire.”
- Deadline: Oct. 15
- Publication date: December 2018
- Response time: One month
- Format: “Please use standard manuscript formatting for your story. This means Times New Roman font at 12 point, double-spaced, and header with your name and contact information and word count.” [link added by Dale]
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? One submission allowed in each genre. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes.
Find more details at Submissions | Tell-Tale Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!Tell-Tale Press wants fantasy, horror, mystery, and sci-fi stories for its winter holidays–themed collection. Due Oct. 15; pays $5 to $25. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.