Things in the Well, the publication arm of Oz Horror Con, is putting together its fourth themed horror anthology. Beneath the Waves: Tales from the Deep will feature Clive Barker’s “The Madonna” as an anchor story. Writers are invited to submit new and original stories about underwater monsters and psychological terrors.
See past Things in the Well anthologies like Between the Tracks: Tales from the Ghost Train for a sense of what they like.
- Publisher: Things in the Well
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 5,000–8,000 words, with some flexibility
- Payment: $50 AUD (Australian), plus a copy of the book in paperback
- Rights: $25 for publication in ebook, another $25 if a print edition is also made
- Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018
- Response time: Responses by April
- Format: Not specified.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? No.
Find more details at Submissions | Things in the Well.