Uruk Press wants short stories for the upcoming anthology Sex & Sorcery 5. As far as genre goes, tories should be both erotica and high fantasy (or epic fantasy). That means they should be set in a fictional world with different rules of reality (for example, Lord of the Rings) rather than in the real world with fantastical elements added (e.g. Interview with the Vampire).The editors write:
We want erotic epic fantasy stories. Simple, right?
Erotic means sex must be integral to the story. Anything goes – from romance to hardcore – as long as it is sexy and consensual.
Epic fantasy means set in another world. No paranormal romance or anything set on Earth please. We love elves and orcs but we are particularly interested in unusual and original settings.
Stories means stories. We want characters; we want a beginning, a middle and an end; we want more than just a stroke scene.
Submitting to Sex & Sorcery 5
- Publisher: Uruk Press
- Publication: Sex & Sorcery 5
- Publication type: anthology
- Word count: 4,000–8,000 words; query for longer
- Payment: 1¢/word
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive rights for two years and non-exclusive rights thereafter
- Deadline: Dec. 1
- Publication date: Not specified
- Response time: Not specified
- Format: A Microsoft Word document in 11pt Verdana with 1.15 line spacing, 6pt space after each paragraph (no line breaks between paragraphs), and first line indents of 1.5cm. Do not make indents using the tab function.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Not specified.
- Will they take multiple submissions? Not specified. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Not specified.
- Who to contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more details at Sex & Sorcery 5 |Uruk Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!@UrukPress wants erotic high fantasy stories the upcoming anthology Sex & Sorcery 5. Due Dec. 1; pays 1¢/word. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.