You have a few days left to submit to Radiant Crown Publishing’s Hex Gunslinger: A Weird Western Anthology. The editors want diverse speculative fiction set in the American West through about 1850.
Hex Gunslinger is an upcoming anthology of speculative, mysterious, and romantic weird western tall tales! Framed as an unearthed secret library years after the civil war, each story should hold the ethos of western expansion beginning in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase, and ending around the 1850s not necessarily restricted to a North American audience. Do not take manifest destiny as a mantra to live by. Shape a world with all the magic and mystery of the frontier without letting the ugliness of conquest be consumed with fantastic whimsy. We want wide open plains where violence ruled, underground movements brewing with tension, and the Wild Wild West in all it’s beauty and madness. Bring us your stories marking the age of the gold rush, injustice, genocide, mass immigration, transcontinental railroads, vigilante justice, telegraphs, outlaws, gunslingers, slick talkers, setting suns, and the impending civil war that would rip a nation apart.
Submission details for Hex Gunslinger
- Publisher: Radiant Crown Publishing
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 1,000 to 40,000 words
- Payment: 1¢/word. One story of 1,000–1,500 words featuring a person of color who is a law officer will get 2¢ to 3¢/word. If an audiobook is produced, payment is $0.01USD per word.
- Rights the publisher asks for: First world electronic and print rights in English with exclusivity for 6 months from the date of publication. Non-exclusive archival rights as long as the website(s) hosting the work are online. If an audiobook is produced, publisher seeks non-exclusive electronic audio rights.
- Deadline: March 1, 2018, 11:59 Eastern Standard Time
- Response time: About two months
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous or multiple submissions? They will consider up to two submissions per author. Simultaneous submission are also okay. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? Yes.
- Will they consider translations into English? Yes.
Find more details at Hex Gunslinger: A Weird Western Anthology | Radiant Crown Publishing.
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons can get early access to submission calls and other tools for furthering their writing careers.